Welcome to the Brunswick Junior Football Club
The BJFC provides opportunities for boys and girls in Brunswick and neighbouring areas to play AFL footy in a friendly and inclusive environment that values participation, development and community.
Through our association with Brunswick Auskick and the Brunswick Football Club, co-located at the historic Gillon Oval in Pearson Street, our growing junior club provides girls and boys with a pathway from Auskick through junior footy and onto senior mens' and womens' football.
The Dragons are a Brunswick community success story and have quickly established ourselves as a local institution for families in the inner north. We commenced in 2010 with one Under 10 side and in subsequent years the club has expanded to field teams across all age levels from Under 8 to Colts/U17. In 2018, the Club has registered in excess of 330 players and fieldS 15 teams, playing in the Yarra Junior Football League.
Brunswick Football 'One Club' Ball: SATURDAY 30 JUNE
Join the Brunswick Football Club and the Brunswick Junior Football Club for the annual One Club Ball.
Taking place in the century old Regal Ballroom in Northcote you will be treated to a delicious 3 course dinner, beer, wine and champagne.
Let’s celebrate the successes of our teams whilst raising money for the junior club. Last year the ball raised $5000 for the juniors.
Book your tickets NOW at TryBooking: https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=383409&
We are also looking for sponsors to support this event. If you have a business or are part of a business that might like to offer prizes for raffles or door prizes at the Ball, or would like to talk to us about sponsoring the Club, please contact Beth Scott on 0421 425 634.
YJFL FIXTURES FOR 2018
To find out who your Dragons team is playing, when and where, go to http://www.yarrajfl.org.au and select FOOTBALL, select FIXTURE, and find your team. Remember to select the 2018 season fixture (your browser may default to 2017)
Coaches, Team Managers & Committee Members
Your team coach and team manager are your first point of contact for all info about your team and the club. Any questions that they cannot answer, they can refer to the relevant committee member.
To see contact details for all 2018 coaches, team managers and committee members, go to the CONTACT section of the website in the banner above.
The club relies on the support of volunteers at all levels of the club throughout the season and during the off-season. Without volunteer inputs, the club simply could not operate.
Game day duties are the most common way to volunteer. Roles include boundary umpire, goal umpire, runner, trainer/first aid, ground manager, interchange steward, umpire escort, water carrier, time keeper. Helpers are also needed to run our canteen at the Gillon Oval - short shifts and a great way to meet people around the club.
Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Team Managers are critical roles and these volunteers are the heart and soul of our club. They bring it all together on game day, coordinating the kids and the volunteers, and they are the face of our club that we present to the rest of the football community.
Other ways of getting involved include volunteering on the club's committee, fund raising, sponsorship and organising and attending social events (the Ball, trivia nights, parents evenings).
We particularly invite expressions of interest for the following volunteer roles, noting these roles could be job-shared:
- Communications Manager - website, E-News, social media, brochures
- Venues Manager - manage game day requirements at Gillon, Clifton & Ransford (contact point and trouble-shooting for Team Managers)
- Property Steward - team kits, equipment procurement, grounds and buildings trouble-shooting
- Annual team photos coordinator
Note that all volunteers at the club who are in regular contact with children are required under Victorian law to provide the club with details of their Working With Children Certificate (WWCC) and sign a Child Safety Code of Conduct. More details can be provided by our Child Safety Officers, John Deinenger and Sallie Ann Boyle.
Please contact Greg Banova at firstname.lastname@example.org or your team's coach and team manager to offer your assistance and contribute to running our great community club.
2018 TRAINING DATES AND MATCH DAY VENUES
Training is conducted at Gillon Oval (Pearson St Brunswick) and Fleming Park (51 Albert St, Brunswick East).
Dragons home matches are played on Sundays in April-August at:
- Gillon Oval, Pearson Street, Brunswick
- Clifton Park West, Victoria Street, Brunswick
- Ransford Oval, Park Street, Parkville
Winter Season training commenced on 2nd April
- U8: Fridays @ Gillon Oval; 5 - 6pm
- U9 Purple, White & Green teams: Fridays @ Gillon Oval; 5 - 6pm
- U10 Purple & White teams: Fridays @ Gillon Oval; 6 - 7pm
- U11 : Tuesdays @ Gillon Oval; 5 – 6.30pm
- U12 Purple & White teams: Wednesdays @ Fleming Park; 5 - 6.30pm
- U12 Girls: Wednesdays @ Gillon Oval; 5 - 6.30pm
- U13 Boys: Wednesdays @ Fleming Park; 5 - 6.30pm
- U14 Boys: Wednesdays @ Fleming Park; 6 - 7.30pm
- U15 Boys: Tuesdays @ Gillon Oval; 5.30 - 7.00pm; U15s may also opt to train on Thursdays night with the Colts at Gillon Oval.
- U15 Girls: Wednesdays @ Gillon Oval; 5 - 6.30pm
- Colts: Thursdays @ Gillon Oval; 5.30 - 7pm; Tuesdays @ Gillon Oval Colts optional training; 5 - 6.30pm; Colts may also train with the senior club/U19s.