The three clubs share facilities and grounds at the Gillon Oval and Clifton Park and, together, we are committed to promoting One Club, the Brunswick Football Club.
BJFC played its first season in 2010, fielding one Under 10 team. In 2011 we fielded an Under 10 and an Under 11 side. In 2012 we fielded four teams, from Tackers (U9) through to U12. In 2012, the U12 team won the club's first premiership, followed up by another premiership for the U13 side in 2013. We had a total of five teams in 2013.
In 2014 we fielded seven teams and in 2015 we added an Under 15 girls and Under 15 boys team. Establishing an all-girls team was a major milestone for the club and we are very proud of this accomplishment.
In 2017 we will have over 300 players registered, with teams fielded in the YJFL including mixed Under 8–14s, U12 and U14 Girls, U15 boys and Colts (U17) competitions.
Entry at Pearson Street, Brunswick – Melways Map 29E6 (map available HERE).
Alexander George ‘Alex’ (or ‘Alec’) Gillon (23 December 1909–25 August 2007) was a civic and sporting administrator. He was most notable as the longest-serving president of the Victorian Football Association, and as a mayor of the City of Brunswick. For his services to the Brunswick Football Club and the Brunswick Council, the Brunswick Football Ground was renamed the A. G. Gillon Oval in his honour in early 1976.
Brunswick Football Club was an AFL club which played in the Victorian Football Association (VFA) from 1897 until 1991. Based in Brunswick for most of their time in the Association they were known as the Magpies, and wore black and white guernseys. In its final two seasons in the VFA, the club was known as Brunswick-Broadmeadows.
Go to the Scorceboard Pressure website to find out more about the history of the ground and to see some great photos of Gillon.