Current vacancies − Seeking expressions of interest
The club is seeking to fill the following roles and invites expressions of interest from qualified candidates.
Director of Coaching
● Coordinate, educate and evaluate all coaches at training and on match days.
● Coordinate practice matches.
● Ensure all coaches and teams have access to appropriate levels of equipment.
● Provide a forum for coaches to discuss coaching and training programs.
● Assist with the development of all coaches.
● Oversee training drills and skills, and training plans.
● Ensure all coaches have up to date accreditation (Level 1).
● Assist, where required, coaching in training skills and drills.
● Arrange education nights etc. for coaches and team age groups as required.
● Liaise with all coaches, providing regular feedback on training and observation on match days.
● Provide feedback to Coaches (written and verbal)
● Update BJFC training manual and team plans for all age groups.
● Arrange access to ovals for preseason training (Clifton, Gillon and Royal Park ovals).
● Arrange practice matches for all teams, including umpires.
● Order new footballs for both game day and training from YJFL supplier.
● Arrange for new and replacement equipment for all teams (team bag and contents).
● Conduct four coaches’ meetings per annum to oversee and identify issues and resolve as required: preseason (March); after round 4 grading games (May); end of first round (June); and end of year (August).
● Arrange alternative training venues and/or programs when ovals are closed during wet weather.
Relationships & Accountability
● Report to club committee.
● Provide monthly reports for committee meetings.
Qualification & Experience
● Level 1 or 2 AFL accreditation OR Coaching Coordinator AFL accreditation.
● Remuneration will be based on the level of experience of the candidate in AFL coaching or as a coaching coordinator.
If you are interested in this role or know someone you can recommend, please contact Greg Banova (email@example.com or 0401643415).
Team Manager, Coach & Assistant Coaches
Under 8 Purple: Coach and Assistant Coach
Under 10: Team Manager and Assistant Coach
Under 13: Team Manager and Assistant Coach
If you are interested in these roles or know someone you can recommend, please contact Greg Banova (firstname.lastname@example.org or 0401643415).
We supply umpires for our U8, U9 and U10 home matches. The YJFL supplies umpires for U11s up. The majority of our club umpires are current BJFC players. BJFC players interested in umpiring for the club in 2017, please contact the BJFC Club Umpire Coordinator, Ray McKenzie (email@example.com; 0419 545 751).
- Club umpires are paid by the club.
- Umpires for the 2017 season should be turning 14 or older in 2017.
- All new BJFC umpires need to attend a training session at the YJFL Headquarters at Bulleen Park at 6pm on 19 April, and need to complete AFL Level 1 Umpire Accreditation online.
- New umpires will have the opportunity to shadow experienced umpires during matches before being approved to umpire on their own.
- Supplementary training will be provided as required through the season.
The YJFL also employs umpires. CLICK HERE for further information or contact the YJFL Umpires Manager, David Hannan (on 0457 958 009). YJFL umpires train at 6pm in Bulleen on Wednesdays or in Burwood on Thursdays.
Brunswick NOBSPC Match Day Assistants
Brunswick (NOBSPC) employ six players each Saturday to assist with game day functions including:
• Boundary umpire
• Water boy
• Time keeper/scoreboard
• Goal umpire
This is relevant to U15, U16 Girls and Colts players. NOBSPC pays assistants $25 a game for goal umpiring, time keeper and water, and $40 for boundary umpire.
CLICK HERE for further information.
YJFL Grading Consultant
The YJFL has approached clubs seeking to employ the services of consultants to assist with the process of team gradings in the early part of the 2017 season.
The YJFL is looking for consultants to assist with:
● Compiling initial gradings.
● Observing matches throughout the grading period.
● Monitoring results in their allocated age group.
● Making recommendations of movements post grading period.
Ideally, candidates would have a strong football background, have an understanding of the Yarra Junior Football League’s graded structure and be prepared to spend the early part of the season travelling around the grounds to view matches. A small honorarium will be provided to all consultants to cover the cost of petrol, phone calls, etc.
If you are interested in these roles or know someone you can recommend, please contact Trevor Ludeman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide contact details along with a brief description of your relevant football background.
Child Safe Standards
Brunswick JFC is committed to the Victorian Government's Child Safe Standards and the following are required for these roles:
● Contact details for two referees relevant to the role which is being applied for.
● Proof of a current or evidence of application for a Working With Children Check.
● WWCC number (if currently held).